- Law graduate at Faculdade de Direito da Universidade de São Paulo (USP) in 2000;
- Master’s degree in Criminal Procedure Law at Universidade de São Paulo (USP) in 2006.
- Member of the Editorial Board at Revista Brasileira de Ciências Criminais;
- Member of IBCCRIM (Brazilian Institute for Criminal Sciences);
- Chief coordinator of IBCCRIM in 2007 and 2008, and member of IBCCRIM Advisory Council in 2009 and 2010;
- Worked in the law firms Zanoide de Moraes Advogados (2001/2004) and Moraes Pitombo Advogados (2004/2010);
- Several papers published at magazines and journals specialized in criminal and criminal procedure law.