- Law graduate at Faculdade de Direito da Universidade de São Paulo (USP) in 1996;
- PhD and Master’s degree in Criminal law at Universidade de São Paulo (USP).
- Director of São Paulo Attorneys-At-Law Association (AASP) (www.aasp.org.br);
- Visiting professor at GVLaw Specialization Classes for Economic Criminal Law (FGV) and at the course Juspodivm of Specialization in Criminal Science in Salvador/BA;
- Author of the books Justiça restaurativa e mediação penal (Restorative Justice and criminal mediation) published by Lumen Juris in 2007, and Direito penal de emergência e alternativas à prisão (Emergency Crimi- nal Law and alternatives to prison) published by Revista dos Tribunais in 2002;
- Coordinator and co-author of the book Responsabilidade penal na atividade econômico-empresarial (Penal Responsibility in economic and business activity) published by Quartier Latin in 2010;
- Co-author of Código Penal Interpretado (Interpreted Penal Code) pub- lished by Editora Manole (1st edition, 2011);
- Co-author of the book Reforma Criminal (Criminal Reform) published by Revista dos Tribunais in 2004, and of the Dicionário Brasileiro de Direito Constitucional (Brazilian Dictionary of Constitutional Law) pub- lished by Saraiva in 2007 (responsible for the criminal subject entries);
- Coordinator of Revista Ultima Ratio (Ultima Ratio Magazine) published by Lumen Juris. The publication is directed to studies and researches in criminal questions, being author in several articles in this subject;
- Director of IBCCRIM (Brazilian Institute for Criminal Sciences) in 2002 and coordinator of the commission for new attorneys of São Paulo Attorneys-At-Law Institute (IASP).